Feature Spotlight: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations provides you with a single system of engagement to connect teams across your organisation. The solution allows you to effectively manage your projects end-to-end, combining your teams and processes together with automation technology to provide a unified experience.
Within this blog, we highlight the benefits of Microsoft’s Project Operations software, provide key examples of how it can be used, and explore the functionality and integrations available…
The Benefits of Dynamics 365 Project Operations
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations provides businesses with a 360-degree view of all project interactions, enabling you to:
- Manage projects with confidence
- Optimise resources
- Increase productivity
- Forecast project profitability
- Effortlessly track time and expenses
To succeed in the Field Service industry, meeting the increasing expectations of customers in terms of demand and time is paramount. With this comes the need for capabilities to optimise your service delivery and ensure the right person is getting to the job on time, communicate in real-time with your technicians, as well as being able to effectively manage all resources to ensure you’re making the most of the skills and time available. This is where Dynamics 365 Field Service can help…
Key examples of where and how Dynamics 365 Project Operations can be used
- Deal Management – D365 Project Operations allows you to manage contracts, provide accurate project quotes, and improve forecasting and estimations to quickly convert an opportunity to the next stage.
- Project Management – Embedded easy-to-use project management functionality such as Kanban boards and Gantt charts makes managing resources easier than ever.
- Resource Management – Leveraging the resource management functionality such as resourcing insights, scheduling and skills matching, you can be sure you assign the right personnel to the right task/project.
- Project Finances – Manage project financials accurately to ensure compliance with financial reporting standards and also ensure your project remains profitable.
- Time and Expenses – Request, approve and reconcile both time and expenses via the Dynamics 365 Project Operations mobile app to manage reimbursements and billing whilst on the go.
- Business Intelligence – React quickly to new scenarios using actionable insights gained from a 360-degree view of project details.
Dynamics 365 Project Operations Capabilities and Features
Manage projects with confidence to drive success
- Manage with confidence – Provide your managers with all the tools they need to deliver, including interactive dashboards to review, monitor, and approve costs and scheduling
- Enhance customer relationships – Build trust by ensuring you deliver projects according to the terms laid out in the contracts and that projects remain within budget
Optimise your resources scheduling and tasks
- Optimise scheduling – D365 Project Operations provides real-time visibility of resources via the unified scheduling engine, ensuring the appropriate resources are assigned
- Make data-driven decisions – Ensure you effectively use your billable resources by accurately forecasting where and when recourse will be needed
- Prioritise your customers – Engage with clients to confirm project details, quotes, and resource requirements
- Gain visibility – Use the sales management dashboard within D365 Project Operations to prioritise deals
- Streamline your processes – Create project contracts, track labour rates and generate statements of work directly within Dynamics 365
Accelerate sales performance
- Comprehensive pipeline management – Gain a 360-degree view of your pipeline with a unified sales dashboard
- Stay ahead – Identify issues and trends with D365 Project Operations interactive dashboards and reports based on historical data
- Motivate sales personnel – Create fun and exciting team sales contest to improve sales performance, accountability and increase motivation
- Simplify staff onboarding – Combine best practices with sales behaviour and provide help documentation to shorten your onboarding process
Business Central or third-party ERP System
Dynamics 365 Project Management can be integrated with Microsoft’s and also has the ability to connect with third-party ERP software.
Dynamics 365 integrates seamlessly with Microsoft 365 apps (previously Office 365), such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint and OneNote, that are commonly used within businesses.
Discover more about this integration here.
Get in touch…
To find out more about Dynamics 365 Project Operations or to speak to our team to see how PragmatiQ Solutions can support your business, please get in touch by emailing us at [email protected] or calling us on 01908 038110. Alternatively, fill out the form below and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.