Dynamics 365 License Extensions.
Microsoft has announced a range of deadline extensions to Team Member licenses, Dynamics 365 Portal use rights and Storage & Production licenses. This is in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and aims to ease transitions during this period.
Team Member Licenses
- An additional grace period has been granted until the 31st December 2020 for customers who acquired Team Member Licenses prior to October 2018.
- From 1st January 2021, all renewing customers will need to transition to the new Team Members license.
- Technical enforcement of the Team Member license will come into effect on January 31st 2021.
Dynamics 365 Portals
- Existing Dynamics 365 customers are able to renew their portal use rights through to 31st December 31st 2020 (extended from June 30th, 2020). After this date, renewals will be based on the new licensing model.
Dynamics 365 Storage and Production / Sandbox Licensing
- Dynamics 365 customers can continue to renew their existing Dynamics 365 storage and production / sandbox use rights up until 31st December 2020 (extended from 30th June).
- Deadline extension to the legacy web client deprecation and 2020 Wave 1 Release mandatory uptake date – https://www.pragmatiqsolutions.co.uk/blog/new-releases/important-update-legacy-web-client-deprecation-and-2020-wave-1-release/
- 2020 Wave 1 Release launces & changes to Team Member Licenses – https://www.pragmatiqsolutions.co.uk/blog/new-releases/microsoft-dynamics-365-power-platform-2020-wave-1-release-launches/
- Team Member Licenses [Microsoft] – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/get-started/team-members-license
These deadline extensions are designed to give customers more time to prepare for upcoming license transitions during the current circumstances. If you have any questions about the changes, please get in touch on 01908 0388110 or fill out the form below.