Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform 2020 Wave 1 Release Launches!
Last week, Microsoft launched the Dynamics 365 and Power Platform 2020 Wave 1 Release. This is now available for users to adopt, however due to the current circumstances Microsoft have deferred the mandatory uptake date to May 2020.
The Release brings new features and functionality to both the Customer Engagement Applications within Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform; Power Automate, Power BI and PowerApps.
Some of the main features and capabilities in the new release include:
- D365 for Sales: Kanban Board allows opportunities to be viewed in a grid like view and easily moved from stage to stage. Opportunities and sales forecast data is also combined into one fluid experience, making it easier to make changes and view information.
- D365 for Marketing: Users can now fully test messages that contain dynamic content on a sample contact record, aswell as benefit from improved error checking.
- D365 for Customer Service: Enhancements are made to the way users access and use knowledge articles. From improved layout of search results to the ability to search the knowledge base outside the context of a customer case.
- Power BI: Users can now make tweak to visuals on a Power BI report they may not have editing access to it, meaning reports can be personalised for that viewer.
- Power Apps: Improvements to the capabilities available within offline mode ensure that users still get the same great user experience as they would on desktop.
- Power Automate: Copy + Paste functionality allows users to duplicate actions in the Power Automate designer, saving creators time.
These are just a few of the new features, if you want to explore more check out our blogs here:
Dynamics 365 Wave 1 Overview: https://www.pragmatiqsolutions.co.uk/blog/new-releases/an-overview-of-dynamics-365-2020-release-wave-1-plan/
Power Platform Wave 1 Overview: https://www.pragmatiqsolutions.co.uk/blog/new-releases/an-overview-of-power-platform-2020-release-wave-1-plan/
Changes to Team Member Licenses
Changes are also made to the Team Member Licenses purchased during or after October 2018. License-based access will restrict users to a set of designated app modules. This means Team Member License users will no longer be able to access Customer Service Hub, Sales Hub, or custom app modules. The designated app modules are as follows:
- Customer Service Team Member
- Sales Team Member
- Project Resource Hub
This was due to be enforced from the 1st April 2020, however due to current circumstances, Microsoft have reviewed the timeline and extended the grace period until 31st December 2020. From 1st January 2021, all renewing customers will need to transition to the new Team Members license.
If you have any questions about the changes to Team Member Licenses and how this will affect your organisation, please get in touch with a member of our team.
Who does this update apply to?
The Wave 1 Release will affect Dynamics 365 online customers. Most of the changes apply to the Unified Interface, so if you have not yet migrated then it is unlikely you will see many changes (The deprecation of the legacy web client has been extended to December 2020, giving customers more time to make the transition).
As a Microsoft Dynamics 365 customer, do I need to do anything?
If you are working with a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Partner, you should have informed you of the changes taking place and will be managing this for you. However, if you are a customer managing your systems internally, there has been the early access option to validate the upcoming capabilities before they get enabled automatically.
As stated before, Microsoft have extended the date of the mandatory update date to May, so customers can take the adopt this, when it is most convenient to them.
Where can I find more information?
We’ve written a few blog posts about the features coming in the new release, the updates to the legacy web client deprecation and extension to the Wave 1 mandatory uptake date. You can find those here:
Important Update – Legacy Web Client Deprecation and 2020 Wave 1 Release – https://www.pragmatiqsolutions.co.uk/blog/new-releases/important-update-legacy-web-client-deprecation-and-2020-wave-1-release/
An Overview of Power Platform: 2020 Release Wave 1 Plan – https://www.pragmatiqsolutions.co.uk/blog/new-releases/an-overview-of-power-platform-2020-release-wave-1-plan/
An Overview of Dynamics 365: 2020 Release Wave 1 Plan – https://www.pragmatiqsolutions.co.uk/blog/new-releases/an-overview-of-dynamics-365-2020-release-wave-1-plan/
As always, if you have any questions please reach out to us and a member of our team will respond shortly. You can fill out the contact form below and a member of our team will be in touch shortly, or if you’d prefer, call us on 01908 038110.