Benefits and Uses of Power Automate.
Power Automate (previously Microsoft Flow) is a tool that enables users to create and automate workflows, by seamlessly connecting to other data sources such as Dynamics 365 & Office 365. Businesses can automate repetitive tasks by setting up ‘flows’ that are triggered by specific events, allowing employees to spend more time on bigger tasks.
Below are a range of benefits and examples of how Power Automate can be used within your business…
1. Streamline everyday tasks
Think about how many emails you receive on a daily basis. Now imagine getting a message when a high priority email is received. With Power Automate, a template can be enabled for users to receive exactly that, ensuring an important email is never missed again.
2. Improve workforce productivity
Power Automate helps your business save time, improve productivity and ultimately work much more effectively. By automating repetitive tasks that take up time within the day, employees can work smarter and improve overall business performance.
3. Automate tasks across business systems
Power Automate connects and automates tasks across hundreds of apps, both within the Microsoft eco-system and external sources. Popular connectors include SharePoint, Power BI, Word, Outlook, Teams, Planner, Asana, Mailchimp, Twitter, Adobe Sign, DocuSign, Google Drive, Eventbrite, FreshBooks and Trello.
4. Increase employee satisfaction and reduce human error
Automating time-consuming, repetitive tasks enables employees to focus on the things that really matter and require more attention. As a result, this can lead to higher job satisfaction and increase feelings of accomplishment. Additionally, automation reduces the risk of human error, so you can feel confident that tasks are carried out to the highest standard.
5. Save time with decision making
By automating processes, such as approval workflows to respond to time off requests, document approvals, sales opportunities, etc, you are able to save time with decision making.
6. Use predefined templates to create a flow
Although there is an option to build a flow from scratch, Power Automate boasts an extensive library of predefined templates. These allow you to create time-saving workflows around approvals, notifications, productivity, social media, and more.
7. Accessible anywhere
Microsoft Power Automate’s mobile app means that team members can create, run, and check on automated workflows even when out of the office.
Uses of Power Automate:
You can automate certain tasks, to achieve the following:
- Get immediate alerts to important notifications or emails
- Track and catch up with new potential customers
- Automatically save e-mail attachments to OneDrive or SharePoint
- Engage with social media. For example, a blog post can be tweeted or published on Facebook automatically, or you can receive a notification if a tweet with a certain keyword was retweeted
- Automate approval processes, such as time-off requests or document approvals. Employees can then be notified via Teams once the approval has been completed
- Get a push notification to your mobile, such as when you receive an email from your boss
- Stay on top of new Dynamics 365 Opportunities
- Receive an email when a Power BI alert is triggered. Examples of this are sending the support team a heads up when the incident volume is over 100, or alerting sales managers when ten or more leads haven’t been updated in over two weeks
Discover the processes you can automate with Power Automate…
In another blog post, we cover seven examples of tasks that be automated within your organisation, using existing Power Automate templates – check them out here.
Get started with some of these Power Automate templates…
Keep track of email attachments
The “Save Office 365 email attachments to OneDrive for Business” means you can automatically save email attachments upon their arrival in your inbox.
Get items approved quickly
Request approval for items in Sharepoint, for your supervisor, to view easily in the Approvals Centre.
Stay on top of your flagged emails
When an Office 365 Outlook email gets flagged in your Inbox, a planner task will be created and assigned to you.
Monitor brand-related posts on social media
Get alerted via email when there is a brand-related social media post and respond quickly using this template flow.
Never miss an event
Get an email summary of your upcoming week such as locations, flights, hotels, and weather, and ensure you never miss an event.
How much does Power Automate cost?
Per User Plan
Per User, Per Month
Allow individual users to create unlimited flows based on their unique needs.
Per Flow Plan
Enables an organisation to implement flows with reserved capacity that serve teams, departments, or the entire organisation without having to license each user. The plan includes five flows and additional flows may be purchased for £75.40 each per month.
*Microsoft Power Automate capability is included with certain Dynamics 365 Application licences when used with Dynamics 365 data.
*Microsoft Power Automate capability is included with Power Apps licences when used with the same Common Data Service app.
*Microsoft Power Automate capability is included with Office 365 licences when used in conjunction with Office 365 services.
Ready to get started with Power Automate?
If you have any questions about Power Automate and how your business can get started, please get in touch. You can fill out the contact form below and a member of our team will be in touch shortly, or if you’d prefer, call us on 01908 038110.