Benefits and Uses of Power Automate.
Power Automate (previously Microsoft Flow) is a tool which enables users to create and automate workflows, by seamlessly connecting to other data sources such as Dynamics 365 & Office 365. Businesses can automate repetitive tasks by setting up ‘flows’ that are trigged by specific events, allowing employees to spend more time on bigger tasks.
Below are a range of benefits and examples of how Power Automate can be used within your business…
1. Streamline everyday tasks
Think about how many emails you receive on a daily basis. Now imagine getting a message when a high priority email is received. With Power Automate, a template can be enabled for users to receive exactly that, ensuring an important email is never missed again.
2. Improve workforce productivity
Power Automate helps your business save time, be better organised and ultimately work much more effectively. By automating those repetitive tasks that take up time within the day, employees can work much smarter and help improve overall business performance.
3. Share and access business data quickly and easily
Share files easily with Power Automate by connecting the apps and setting up a flow to copy files from one location to another, through Power Automates’ 100+ data source connections. For example, connect Outlook to Sharepoint and get files that are shared via email, to automatically share in Sharepoint also.
Some of the main Power Automate connectors are:
4. Collaborate on a Common Data Model
Power Automate can be integrated with the Common Data Service (CDS), which is used to store and manage business data. Businesses can set up workflows that collect data from different sources and store it in the CDS for easier access.
So, how can you use Power Automate within your business?
- Keep track of email attachments: The “Save Office 365 email attachments to OneDrive for Business” means you can automatically save email attachments upon their arrival to your inbox.
- Get items approved quickly: Request approval for items in Sharepoint, for your supervisor to view easily in the Approvals Centre.
- Stay on top of your flagged emails: When an Office 365 Outlook email gets flagged in your Inbox, a planner task will be created and assigned to you.
- Monitor brand related posts on social media: Get alerted via email when there is a brand related social media post and respond quickly using this template flow.
- Never miss an event: Get an email summary of your upcoming week such as locations, flights, hotels, and weather, and ensure you never miss an event.
Want to learn more about Power Automate?
This is just an example of how Power Automate can be used within your business, but hopefully it has provided you with some ideas. If you’d like more information then please fill out the form below and a member of our team will be in touch shortly…