PragmatiQ Solutions needs to gather and use certain information about individuals. These can include customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees and other people the organisation has or may need to contact.
This policy describes how this potential data must be collected, handled, stored and disposed of to meet The GDPR 2018 requirements, to comply with the Law.
This GDPR policy ensures PragmatiQ Solutions Ltd:
• Complies with the regulations and follows good practice
• Protects the rights of staff, clients and partners
• Is open and transparent about how it collects, stores and processes individual’s data
• Protects itself from the risks of data breach
Data Protection Law
The Data Protection Act 1998 is being replaced by the General Data Protection Regulations in May 2018 (following an EU directive) The regulations describe how a company including PragmatiQ Solutions must collect, handle, store and dispose of personal information.
The Regulations apply whether the data is stored electronically or as hard copy.
Data kept will be: –
1. Collected fairly and legally
2. Individual will be made aware and must actively give permission
3. Data must be relevant.
4. Data will be accurate and current
5. Not be held for longer than necessary
6. Be protected appropriately
7. Destroyed on request – right to be forgotten
8. Be supplied on request to the relevant individual FOC
This policy applies to: –
• All staff of PragmatiQ Solutions
• All contractor’s, supplier’s associates and others working on behalf of PragmatiQ Solutions.
It applies to all data that the company holds relating to identifiable individuals, even if that information technically falls outside GDPR 2018. This data will include:
• Names of individuals
• Postal addresses
• E-mail addresses
• Telephone numbers – landline and mobile.
• And any other information relating to individuals
Data protection risks
This policy helps to protect PragmatiQ Solutions from security risks including:
• Breaches of confidentiality e.g. divulging information by mistake
• Failing to offer choice e.g. preventing the individual giving permission on holding data,
what is held and how it is stored.
• Reputational damage e.g. servers being hacked and sensitive data being
All staff have some responsibility for ensuring that data is collected handled stored and disposed of appropriately. Each team must ensure that data is handled in line with GDPR 2018.
Key stakeholders are: –
Co-Founder/Director – Stuart Goldwater is responsible for ensuring the company meets its legal requirements under GDPR 2018
Data Controller/Officer – Stuart Goldwater is responsible for:
• Ensuring GDPR are applied with
• Reviewing GDPR procedures
• Arranging GDPR training for people covered by this policy
• Handling data protection questions from staff and anyone else covered by the policy
• Dealing with requests from individuals who request to see data PragmatiQ Solutions holds on them
• Ensure any third party conforms with PragmatiQ Solutions GDPR policy
• The only staff accessing data should need to do it for their work
• Data must not be shared informally
• PragmatiQ Solutions will provide training to staff where appropriate
• Staff should keep all data secure and take sensible reasonable precautions
• Staff should use strong passwords and change regularly
• Personal data must not be disclosed to unauthorised people either internally or
• Where on review data is found to be no longer needed it should be disposed of
• Staff should request help from their manager or Data Protection Officer if they are unsure
of any aspect of GDPR.
Collection & Storage
• When data is collected it must be with the permission of the individual, freely given, clear and transparent
• Data will be stored in a secure place either electronically or as hard copy
• Staff should ensure that they do not leave hard copy records where unauthorised people
could see them
• Data should be disposed of securely – e.g. shredded when no longer required
• Where data is stored electronically it must be protected from unauthorised access,
accidental deletion and malicious hacking attempts
• Data should be protected by strong passwords, changed regularly and never shared
• Data collected could include e-mail, phone number, postal address, etc
• Subjects will have the right to access, rectify, erase, port the data and object to the processing of the data. Requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data is at the highest risk of loss corruption or theft when it is being used:
• Staff should ensure no data is visible on screens when they are unattended and laptops
and PC’s should be left locked when unattended
• Personal data should not be shared informally, where possible it should not be sent by
email which is not secure.
• Staff should not save copies of personal data to their own computer.
PragmatiQ Solutions Ltd will take reasonable steps to ensure data is kept up to date and it is accurate and relevant: –
It is the responsibility of staff to take reasonable steps to ensure data kept is accurate and up to date
• Data will be held in as few places as possible. Unnecessary additional sets will not be
• Staff should take the opportunity to update client personal data – by confirming client
details when speaking to a client
• Data will be updated as inaccuracies are discovered e.g. if the client can no longer be
reached on a specific phone number it should be deleted from the database
Subject Access Request
The person whose data is held is referred to under GDPR as the subject.
The subjects of PragmatiQ Solutions Ltd are entitled to:
• Ask what information is held on them.
• Ask how to gain access to it.
• Be informed how to keep it up to date.
• Be informed how the company is meeting it legal obligations under GDPR 2018.
Subject access requests should be made to the Data Controller (Stuart Goldwater) formally in writing. Information will be supplied free of charge within 1 month of the request.
The Data Controller will always verify the identity of the person making the subject access request before handing over any information.
Disclosing Data for other reasons
In certain circumstances PragmatiQ Solutions may be required to provide personal data to certain authorised agencies e.g. police, HSE etc. Under these circumstances the data controller will ensure the request is legitimate seeking legal advice where necessary.
PragmatiQ Solutions may ask you to provide information that personally identifies you, for example when you register for a CRM trial, webinar or request service information and how that data is processed, stored, managed, etc, is outlined within this policy.
We will not disclose information you register to any other company and all information will be held under the terms of the GDPR.
PragmatiQ Solutions Limited does not sell, rent or otherwise distribute personal information to third parties about its web visitors.
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
1. To help us develop website content that is relevant to you
2. To update your about PragmatiQ Solutions services, events, promotional offers, CRM application news and other CRM related information – provided we have the required consent
3. To collect information from applicants in the case of online sales and support submissions
Internet protocol (IP) addresses
PragmatiQ Solutions collect an IP address from all visitors to this website. Your IP address is used to help us analyse trends, administer the site, track web visitor movement and gather broad demographic information about the aggregated usage of this web domain. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
PragmatiQ Solutions sends email communications regarding its services, latest news, offers, events and other CRM related communication to those individuals who have submitted their personal information by web form, email, telephone, in person or other means.
PragmatiQ Solutions allows e-mail recipients the opportunity of opting-in, to receiving such future communication.
PragmatiQ Solutions makes no representations about the suitability of the information contained in the documents and related graphics published on this site for any purpose. All such documents and related graphics are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. PragmatiQ Solutions hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
In no event whatsoever shall PragmatiQ Solutions be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of software, documents, provision of or failure to provide services, or information available from this server. The documents and related graphics published on this server could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein.
PragmatiQ Solutions may make improvements and/or changes in the product(s) and/or the program(s) described herein at any time without notification.
Links to other websites are used entirely at your own risk. PragmatiQ Solutions accepts no liability for either the use of the link or the content of the related site.
Our acceptance of these terms
© PragmatiQ Solutions 2018. All rights reserved. Reproduction of the contents of any pages in www.pragmatiqsolutions.co.uk is prohibited except to the extent outlined below.
All pages within this site may be downloaded or printed for your personal use provided you make no alterations to any of the pages and do not use any of the pages in any other work or publication in whatever medium stored. No part of the PragmatiQ Solutions website may be distributed or copied for any commercial activity.
In accessing PragmatiQ Solutions web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own personal use. You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, change or adapt in any way the content of these PragmatiQ Solutions Limited web pages for any other purpose whatsoever.
All rights, including copyright, in the content of these web pages are owned or controlled for these purposes by PragmatiQ Solutions.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the terms of this website, or your dealings with PragmatiQ Solutions, please contact:
Gloucester House, 399 Silbury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 2AH